Important Books in English For CGPSC 2021 Preparation : Subject Wise List (Prelime & Mains Exam)
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission or CGPSC is the state level Civil Services exam in Chhattisgarh. As it is one of the toughest competitive Civil Services exams in the state, candidates needs to prepare extremely well for the same. The selection of the CGPSC exam is conducted in two stages – the Prelims and the Mains Exams. The prelims and mains have a different syllabus and different books to study from.
Therefore it is necessary for interested candidates to make wise choices when it comes to selecting their study material. As the CGPSC is a competitive exam, the syllabus covers a large area of concepts. Below you will find all details of all CGPSC Books 2021 that you must refer to excel in both CGPSC Prelims and Mains.
Before we get deeper into the list of best CGPSC books, let’s have a quick overview of CGPSC exam.
|Exam Name||CGPSC State Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Stages of Exam||Prelims
CGPSC Books 2021 for Prelims
The prelims are a very important part of the exam. It determines the candidates who qualify and get the go-ahead to take up the CGPSC mains.
The Prelims mainly has only two papers.
- Paper-I – General Studies
- Paper-II – Aptitude Test
Here is a list of the best books for CGPSC Prelims exam 2021 that cover the entire syllabus and give you sufficient practice.
CGPSC Books for Prelims – General Studies
3. Chhattisgarh GS Part-1 – By Competition Community
CGPSC Books for Prelims – Aptitude
3. Chhattisgarh GS Part-2 – By Competition Community
CGPSC Books 2021 for Mains
CGPSC Mains are the most challenging part of the exam. This is mainly because of the vast syllabus that needs to be covered by the candidates. Unlike the CGPSC prelims, the CGPSC Mains has 7 papers. They are as follows.
- Paper I – Language
- Paper-II – Essay
- Paper III – History, Constitution and Public Administration
- Paper IV – Science, Technology, and Environment
- Paper V – Economics and Geography
- Paper VI – Mathematics and Logical Ability
- Paper VII – Philosophy and Sociology
The best and the most effective way to study for the mains and give the best performance is by compartmentalizing the syllabus. With over seven papers to study for, planning the study sessions and the revision sessions can be quite challenging. To ensure no time is wasted in incompetent reading, candidates are advised to choose the right study material according to their comfort. This ensures that the candidates understand all concepts clearly and are able to give their best in the exams. Therefore, in order to ensure the candidates do not lose out much time in choosing the right material, we have compiled here a list of the best books for CGPSC Mains 2021 that the candidates can refer to for effective preparation.
CGPSC Books for Mains – Language
1. General English by Pratiyogita Saransh
2. Essays For CGPSC civil Services Examinations by Ramesh Singh
3. Chhattisgarhi Bhasha Avam Vyakaran by Hariram Patel
4. Compulsory English by Author: A P Bhardwaj
CGPSC Books for Mains – History, Constitution and Public Administration
12. Chhattisgarh Ka Itihas by Yuvachar Publication
13. The social basis of Democracy & Dictatorship by B.J. Moore
14. Modern History by Competition Community
15. Ancient and Medieval History by Competition Community
CGPSC Books for Mains – Science, Technology, and Environment
3. Environment by Competition Community
4. Technology by Competition Community
CGPSC Books for Mains – Geography
4. Indian Geography by Competition Community
CGPSC Books for Mains – Economics
5. Economy by Competition Community
CGPSC Books for Mains – Polity and General Studies
2. Art & Culture by Competition Community
3. Indian Polity by Competition Community
4. Samajshastra by B.K. Nayak
Chaattisgarh Rojgar team wishes you for your Successful CGPSC Exam…